"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Final Countdown

It’s 9:30 pm -- two days before Buttercup’s reception --and I have two choices of what to do with my time:
a) Go to bed.
    I don’t need to explain this, do I?
b) Keep cleaning my house.
    Yes, the house that has been sorely neglected for the past 6 weeks while I have been feverishly crafting, painting and baking.
I won’t go into the sordid details, but I will confess that the spiders from town saw the neglect and brought their U-hauls and have been escaping the sudden temperature drop outside to take residence in the cozy comfort of my dusty corners.

What’s my choice? What am I going to do with my time?!?

Why, I’m going to start blogging of course.

Sometimes, it just feels good to do something that you don’t HAVE to do, right?  I’ll let those spiders have one more night of frolicking frivolity before their demise at the sucking end of my Hoover. (I’m benevolent that way sometimes.)

We got Buttercup’s bridal pictures back from our photographer and I wanted to share a couple.

That’s a good reason for a blog post, right?

IMGP3915IMGP4041

IMGP38631IMGP3914

IMGP3938

IMGP3986 cropped

(The photo below is actually a photo I took. The photographer was very gracious and let me practice while she was working.) DSC_0388a

I am ready to choose option “a” now. My eyes are feeling so heavy. But before I go, can I tell you how excited I am that we chose to have the reception the day before the wedding?!? (Gelly, you know I got the idea from you, right?!) I am excited to spend one whole day doing each event individually. I feel so busy and swamped with all the reception details that I am afraid I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the reason we’re celebrating… the actual wedding. By having the reception over with, we can just sit back and enjoy the wedding and celebrate the fact that these kids decided to make sacred covenants and enter into an eternal marriage. Saturday (actual wedding day) is looking to be blissful and calm and completely peaceful for me…. maybe…. Hopefully….. Keeping the fingers crossed.

Oh, and another wonderful thing has happened: Buttercup and Biff chose to be married in the Guilder Temple, which is the same Temple that Max and I were married in 24 years ago. I started to get curious about our sealer. Is he still working at the Temple? Could he actually perform the wedding ceremony for my daughter? I contacted the Temple secretary and found out that yes indeed he is still a sealer in that Temple! All we had to do was call him and see if he would be willing to come in on his day off.

Well, I knew we had that one in the bag. See, this man is an old family friend. He has been a friend of my family’s for decades. He was my mom’s bishop when she was a teenager (he was the youngest bishop in the church at that time); he was my stake president when I was born; we all lived in the same ward together and I’m sure some of his children used to babysit my siblings and I; he gave me and my siblings our patriarchal blessings; he married Max and I; and when my seester, Wees, was sealed to her husband and children, he performed that sealing. He has been engrained in our spiritual milestones!

I gave his phone number to my dad and said, “Dad, do your magic. See if he’ll come marry Buttercup and Biff.” Without hesitation, wonderful President said yes.

So… the same man that married Max and I will be marrying our daughter and her new husband. How cool is that?!?

It makes me happy.

And now, Option A, I CHOOSE YOU!!!

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Buttercup looks beautiful.

Can I just say you have done it--YOU HAVE MADE ME CRY. How wonderful to have the same sealer. And a man who has been so involved in the important things in your life. Amazing.

I know everything will be wonderful.

ENJOY IT ALL.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Wow! I hope everything goes OK!
I'll be thinking of you!
She's beautiful.
Everything is going to go perfect, if it doesn't that's the stuff you laugh about.

Way to have a preception. I think that is brilliant!

thorkgal said...

What beautiful pictures. Why do I have tears in my eyes? Oh my goodness, what a milestone. Can't wait for the "after" blog.

Connie said...

Oh, she's such a beautiful girl! Love the pictures.